show / hide sidebar
Current Top Sellers
Edson’s Needle Bearing Shelf Steerers are designed to provide precise steering control for larger boats. They are highly desirable due to their dependability, super sensitive “feel” and friction-free performance. Designed to be mounted on a shelf or horizontal flat surface, they are exceptionally strong and easy to install. Edson’s Needle Bearing Steerers are available in a variety of choices to suit individual needs. Needle bearings and bearing liners are of high grade stainless. Used on a variety of boats including Whitbread Race winners, J-Boats and many other popular designs!
Edson's 408 Needle Bearing Shelf Steerer #408-3-15T Key Features:
- Designed for sailboats from 33' to 75'.
- Stainless Roller Bearings & Liners are very efficient and provide exceptional feel and sensitivity.
- Convenient Thru-Shaft Wheel Brake.
- 15 tooth sprocket for 3/4” (#60) Roller Chain.
- Inverted aluminum "V" frame allows the chain to exist at a wide angle
- Reduces the total number of sheaves required,thus increasing steering sensitivity.
- Can be used in a a custom pedestal, bridge deck, powerboat console or bulkhead.
- Accepts any Edson #855 Sprockets